Ek Bharat Shreshth Bharat was announced in 2015. Through this innovative measure, the knowledge of the culture, traditions and practices of different States & UTs will lead to an enhanced understanding and bonding between the States, thereby strengthening the unity and integrity of India.
- To celebrate the Unity in Diversity of our Nation and to maintain and strengthen the fabric of traditionally existing emotional bonds between the people of our Country.
- To promote the spirit of national integration through a deep and structured engagement between all Indian States and Union Territories through a year-long planned engagement between States.
- To showcase the rich heritage and culture, customs and traditions of either State for enabling people to understand and appreciate the diversity that is India, thus fostering a sense of common identity.
- To long-term engagements.
- To create an environment which promotes learning between States by sharing best practices and experiences.
- To celebrate the idea of India as a nation wherein different cultural units across varied geographies coalesce and interact with each other, this glorious manifestation of diverse cuisine, music, dance, theatre, movies & films, handicrafts, sports, literature, festivals, painting, sculpture etc. will enable people to imbibe the innate chord of binding and brotherhood.
- To make our people aware about the seamless integral hull of the Modern Indian State spread across a landmass of 32 lakh sq. km, on whose firm foundations, the geo-political strength of the country is ensured benefitting one and all.
- To impress upon people at large about the increasing inter-connectedness between the constituents of various cultural & economic zones which is so vital for the spirit of nation-building.
- To induce a sense of responsibility & ownership for the nation as a whole through these close cross-cultural interactions as it intends to build up the inter-dependence matrix unequivocally.
- To further promote inter-state travel for boosting business activities of various hues.
- To create a learning ecosystem between the various stakeholders of the partnering states so that they benefit from the best practices of one another by establishing a State to State Connect.
Engagement matrix between states & UTs:
- Jammu & Kashmir
- Tamil Nadu & Andhra Pradesh
- Himachal Pradesh & Kerala
- Uttarakhand & Karnataka
- Haryana & Telangana
- Rajasthan & West Bengal
- Gujarat & Chhattisgarh
- Maharashtra & Odisha
- Goa & Jharkhand
- Delhi & Sikkim & Assam
- Madhya Pradesh & Manipur & Nagaland
- Uttar Pradesh & Arunachal Pradesh & Meghalaya
- Bihar & Tripura & Mizoram
- Chandigarh & Dadra & Nagar Haveli
- Puducherry & Daman & Diu
- Lakshadweep & Andaman & Nicobar
- Exchange Programmes between partnering States with the help of troupes identified in the home State through Cultural Competitions.
- Translation of Award-Winning Books and Poetry, popular folk songs of One State in the Language of the partner State.
- Identification, translation and dissemination of proverbs having similar meaning in the languages of the two States.
- Exchange programme for Writers and poets.
- Organize Culinary festivals with the opportunity to learn culinary practices.
- Organize Educational Tours for schools/Universities Students reciprocally.
- Promotion of Rajya Darshan for tourists.
- Organising Familiarisation Tours for the Tour Operators of one State.
- Exposure of students of one State to alphabets, songs, proverbs and 100 sentences in the languages of the partner State.
- Prepare and share with the partner States a book containing information on their culture, customs, traditions, flora & fauna etc. for dissemination to schools and colleges.
- Encouraging the administration of oaths / Pledges in the languages of the pairing states.
- Exchange of information on traditional agricultural practices and forecasting among farmers in the partner States.
- Telecasting/ Broadcasting of programmes of one State on the Regional Radio channels of Partner States.
- Organising Film Festivals in the partner State with sub-titles.
- Organising Photography competitions highlighting the culture and heritage of the partner State
- Encourage learning and exposure to traditional sports of the partner States.